Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Headboard

It finally happened. I got a headboard. Picking out a headboard was one of my birthday presents, along with painting my walls and getting a new mattress, so of course I went crazy over it. The two I was deciding between were both from Ikea, and neither of them really seemed to be the perfect match for me. Without losing hope, my mom continued to search Craigslist to find one. And alas, one morning, I came downstairs to make my breakfast and there it was, a picture printed out of this baby. I couldn't have been happier. It has such a unique pattern to it and was the perfect "inbetween" choice of the two from Ikea. So my mom and brother went and got it for me the following weekend right in time for my birthday. Then they brought it home. The seller on Craigslist had listed it as a full sized bed frame, but it certainly was made for a queen. The headboard stuck out about 3 inches more than it should have! Bummer, right? Actually, not really. :) The headboard had come along with a bed frame and a footboard which were queen sized as well, but the headboard was the only thing I could save. Now, it sits tucked behind my bed and I couldn't be happier. The last thing left to do is paint it black. As you can see from the photo, its a brownish rustic color- not exactly what I was hoping for. Also, there are several nicks and rust spots on the frame so we got special paint that will eliminate the rust and cover over the nicks to end up with the perfect color. It's still the same color for now, but once we have a free weekend (for once) and the weather is beautiful, we'll be sure to grab out the paint and paintbrushes.
(p.s.: see the new wall color? I'm lovin' it... queue the McDonald's commercial.)


-Rachel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment